Did you know there are a number of ways to ensure you’re getting the best available tickets for your business train journeys saving you money on fares?
On average you can save 38%* by booking train tickets in advance using a trainline business account but that’s not all.
Here are five tools and tips to save your business money when travelling by train:
- Tell us where you want to go and when and the best fare finder tool will give you the best available tickets and find the cheapest fares around the time of travel.
- For last minute meetings you can save right up to midnight the day before travel** and collect your tickets from over 1,700 stations.
- If you have a regular journey you take you can sign up for ticket alerts. You’ll then be the first to know when Advance tickets go on sale for the route.
- Check the ticket type when booking a ticket to see if there are any restrictions and to make sure you’re buying the cheapest ticket for your journey. Look out for the terms: Anytime, Off-Peak and Advance.
- Opt for Off-Peak. We indicate peak times when searching for tickets so you can select to travel at the cheapest time.
Using an online account can help you to manage all your train bookings in one place while also highlighting the cheapest fares and best available tickets. It means you can easily check train times, book tickets, review journeys taken and manage travel expenses for your business. Plus, there’s no account set-up fee, no contract and no minimum spend.
*Average saving made by customers booking Advance tickets on thetrainline.com (including booking fee) versus booking on the day of travel. Advance fares are subject to availability and not available on every route.
**Advance tickets are only available until the day before travel and the cut off times varies by Train Company.