Giving employees their birthday off and stocking a vending machine with free treats are two of the things that make a boss a dream boss.
That’s according to the team at MobileSlots.com, who quizzed a focus group of office workers on what attributes would make the perfect company leader.
In-office treats that made the list included a top-notch coffee maker, no ban on social media, and donuts for the whole team.
These simpler pleasures were accompanied by a few which would leave a business out of pocket, including company cars, gym memberships and free tickets to all of your employees’ favourite sports.
A spokesperson for MobileSlots.com said, “It was interesting to uncover the attributes that make up an ideal boss and we certainly wouldn’t mind a few of these. Particularly striking was the mix of in office and out of office activities. A lot of people assume that once the working day is done a boss’ role isn’t important.”
“It seems that those who are most liked are those who go the extra mile in paying attention to their workers’ interests and treating them accordingly.”
Here’s the list of things a boss can do to keep their employees happy.
- Give employees their birthdays off
- Let staff leave early on a Friday
- Offer a free gym membership
- Provide a constant supply of office sweets
- Supply vending machines with free drinks and snacks
- Arrange a team spa day
- Offer extra training courses
- Give staff members a voucher on their birthday
- Allow extra time off around Christmas
- Treat the team to lunch
- Provide tickets to see sporting events
- Buy the team a round of drinks on a Friday
- Bring in donuts
- Get a fancy coffee maker for the break room
- Introduce a weekly fruit delivery
- Don’t ban social media websites
- Provide free magazines in the office
- Buy brand new company cars
- Provide a nap room
- Allow flexible working hours and letting people work from home