Great marketing ploys can be hard to come by, especially as everyone believes that they are a marketing expert!
So, MyVoucherCodes explore 10 of the most effective, yet simple marketing ploys to bring more people to your business.
Know your audience
If you do not know who your customers actually are, chances are that your marketing ploys have already failed. It is important to take stock of the data available to you, whether this is by checking your online data in Google Analytics to find out who is buying from you and where they are coming from, or simply chatting to your customers in store and noting which products are popular with what demographic, the info you need is at your disposal.
Focus your marketing campaigns
Once you know who your customers are, the next step is to create marketing campaigns that are focused on them. If your demographic is younger customers, platforms such as social media or online applications is a great way to target them. If you have a more traditional target audience, consider sticking to avenues such as newsletters and in store promotions.
Attend industry events
Find local or even national events that you can attend and learn more about your industry.
Embrace social media
As mentioned, social media is a great way to interact with your customers and will offer you a valuable insight into the mindset of your customers. Ensure you have profiles for your business on the main social media sites and take the time each week to populate these profiles with updates.
Offer incentives to buy
Everyone loves a freebie, why not offer free delivery with your online orders or run a competition on social media to increase awareness of your brand?
Create great content
When it comes to online marketing, it is vital that your website offers relevant, exciting content for your users. Starting a blog is a great way to do this!
Offer your help in the community
A great way to get additional news coverage is by helping out in the community, can your business help out with a local charity event or sponsor a sports team?
Share your reviews and testimonials
Everyone knows that word of mouth is still the best form of marketing, if you have great feedback from your customers, share it on social media or create a testimonials page on your website.
Try cross promotion
Team up with other local businesses to offer cross promotion marketing, this is a mutually beneficial step for both parties and should help increase your brand identity with a new audience.
Showcase your work
Pictures say a thousand words, if you’re a business that regularly completes projects, or you have just opened a new office, make sure you share images on social sites to spread the word.
Don’t forget SEO
Along with helpful and relevant content, search engine optimization (SEO) makes up all keyword research and link building strategies. It aims to boost your brand awareness by reaching more people as your website ranks on search engines. You can avail of local and franchise SEO services, depending on the size and type of business you have.
Check the advantages of incorporating SEO in your business marketing:
- Earn better search engine ranking, allowing your business to become highly visible in search results.
- Benefit from earning unpaid or organic search.
- Strengthen your other digital marketing efforts, like social media marketing and video marketing.
- Provide better customer engagement by supplying informative and engaging content.
Good graphic design
Trade fairs are the perfect venues to showcase your brand. But, trade fairs can tell you outright that there’s a high competition for a limited amount of attention. If you know how to incorporate the right graphic design elements to your booth or stall, your retail business will surely thrive, especially with two-dimensional and three-dimensional design ideas.
Take note that graphic design is not just for websites. You can also apply graphic design ideas to business events. These ideas are also applicable to your product booths or stalls in the mall or your physical store.
Here are some graphic design tips:
- To attract more visitors from the trade show, use the height of the graphics. Implement short-range, long-range, and medium-range graphics. Place long-range graphics or images as high as possible.
- Keep medium-range graphics above the eye level or six to eight feet above the floor. Short-range graphics should be five to six feet above the floor.
- Window display doesn’t only involve arranging products and draping mannequins. It also includes sewing, basic carpentry, and electrical fixtures. Being competent in graphic design software programs, like AutoCAD, is essential for graphic designers. So, it’s best to hire one who’s knowledgeable about these tools. This way, design ideas will be best presented to store owners and management.