Have you heard the famous proverb – ‘it’s not what you know, but who you know?’ Networking has perhaps become more important than anything else in today’s social media-driven world, which has itself become smaller due to all the connectivity options and globalization.
So you are the star performer of your company and you are good at talking with perfect strangers. You are moving from one city to another and people in your office consider you the ultimate road warrior. But traveling can take its toll on your body as well as your mind. It is exhausting and a lot of things like food, air, and water change with time and distance. Traveling in buses and cars is not comfortable when you are talking about long distances and trips that can go on for weeks or even months. This is when financing a motorhome can save you headaches and increase your productivity.
But you have to do it because it is so important for your career and your company’s future. Networking can help get more sales, and maybe a big enough order to help you move up on the food chain.
Networking pays big rewards when it comes to opportunities. The more people you meet, the more knowledge and understanding you gain. Opportunities can come in the form of sales, joint venture offers, new job offers, client leads, and so on.
People like to say that if you have a question, then Google has the answer. This is not true. There are so many things that you can only learn from experience, and traveling in order to increase your sales network is one of them. So what is the solution? A perfect harmony between your traveling and relaxation needs.
Depending on the type of motorhome that you have selected, its size and price, you can pretty much get anything from a one bedroom kitchen and bathroom semi-furnished small motorhome to a full-sized double decker with enough room to carry your bike and pet.
From a business point of view, when you have to constantly travel and stay mobile on the go, motorhomes make a lot of sense.
How it can help?
- It offers you a lot of space to move around and even stand, walk, and relax. This is one of the drawbacks of traveling in buses or cars. You can pretty much go anywhere you want and whenever you want once you have arrived at your destination city in your motorhome.
- You can travel overnight if you have a driver, and you can still look fresh and recharged without having to compromise your performance. You can park anywhere, which means right in the parking lot of the place the event is taking place.
- You can carry a lot more luggage with you than you could have possibly imagined. You can even carry your entire wardrobe complete with matching shoes and ties collection.
- Most motorhomes come with a desk and a sitting area. This can act as your office. You can work on your laptop and do a lot more than you could have achieved otherwise. Having a lot of space does have its advantages.
- You also come out as a true professional with a dedication to your work and the strong ethics that you carry with you. This creates a very strong first impression on your would-be contacts’ mind because you will come across as a professional who is unwilling to compromise, and who is ready to go anywhere and do whatever it takes to win. Everyone likes a man/woman with a winning attitude and that could be you.
- When you are traveling in a motorhome, you feel relaxed and at ease. It is like a small home on wheels, hence the name motorhome. This will also help you make on-the-spot decisions like leaving early in the morning even if there are no tickets available. This will save you a lot of time.
- Coming back to opportunities, owning and traveling in a motorhome will allow you to meet a lot more new and interesting people. These people will be naturally interested to meet and know you. You can give them a tour of your professional office/home/motor vehicle and hopefully this leads to fantastic business conversations. You can even host presentations inside without even needing an actual office. It’s unusual but certainly possible.
- Taking a break from your professional endeavors, a motorhome can help you travel places that were otherwise beyond your reach. We all need breaks, and what better way to celebrate success in your business trips than going on a weekend vacation to that famous beach spot everyone keeps talking about.
The benefits of having a mobile office on the go cannot be challenged. You can do so much more than what has been covered here. The possibilities are limitless and the level of flexibility is unmatched. All your important files, documents, and even those office accessories you swear by can be carried in your motorhome when you are busy giving presentations, forging relationships, and increasing your sales network.