In simple understanding, we know an SEO audit is to evaluate the search engine friendliness of a website in number of areas.
There are three main things that you should expect in SEO audit:
- A description of the current state of your website will be stated in the audit, that is a detailed analysis on how your website is performing in search, social media, number of internal/external links an any other information related to your websites existing state.
- Secondly the process may involve a list of actions based on a SEO audit checklist together with explanations for each and every item on the list, this is to make sure that you understand all the SEO actions for your website.
- A report describing a complete internet marketing strategy for taking advantage of all the available sources of traffic and opportunities on the internet, not just SEO.
Why consider to take an SEO audit
When it comes to SEO matters things are constantly dynamic, not only changing but changing so fast that, in the SEO industry what might be working today it may not be working in the next six months. It is necessary to perform regular SEO audits to ensure that your website is up to date with the latest developments in order to with stand the online market that is always being infested with new users and new online trends.
This will not explain it better if you don’t understand the importance of having an audit for your business, the below preview gives all the information concerning the importance of SEO audit.
- Improve the quality of your content: that is the information that you gain from the audit helps you to improve from the previous work that was there to an even better content that will be highly regarded in the online industry.
- Recover or avoid Google penalties: when you conduct an audit on your contents you are able to gain latest updated information on SEO that allows you to keep up to the dynamic SEO environment. Therefore, you are able to update your information hence evading Google penalties
- Get an action plan: that is, you gain ideas that helps you to create unique strategies to your website that is you are able to stand out from the rest of the crowd
- Improve user experience and increase conversions: when a proper audit is done, their useful feedback responds to the changes that should be made on the owner’s website this in turn enables you to create better user experience and increase of conversions is easily achieved.