Nothing is as important to a business as a productive workforce. Some big companies invest millions of dollars on productivity-centered projects – they acquire the latest office equipment, they modify the workplace to make it more relaxing, and they give their staff members monetary incentives for doing exceptional work.
For small business owners, it can be an expensive endeavor but finding a way to make the workplace more efficient leads to higher productivity and cuts costs. It is, therefore, one of the most important tasks the manager undertakes. Nowadays, there are numerous techniques and various office equipment available to boost productivity.
Here, we dive deeper into some office equipment that a manager can introduce to the workplace to make the people more effective:
Ergonomic chairs and standing desks
Furniture is a big deal in the modern office. You should go for comfort and durability. Most managers don’t give much thought to the furniture in their working areas. They wrongfully assume that as long as there are chairs and desks and that none are broken, everything is dandy. This would have been alright during the industrial revolution when workers’ comfort was not a priority. These days, however, you must pay attention to how comfortable your furniture is.
A few furniture tweaks that can boost productivity include:
- Standing desks: Research shows that standing desks can help alleviate the health complications brought about by sitting down for too long. Give your employees the option to work while they stand.
- Ergonomic chairs: People spend most of their time in an office seated. That indicates that ergonomic chairs are the most important piece of furniture in the office.
Good chairs and standing desks alleviate the risk of your employees getting backaches and joint pains. The budget at your disposal will not be limitless.
Nevertheless, a decent chair:
- Should be stable.
- Have lumbar and back support.
- Be adjustable because different workers come in different heights.
Before technology was as advanced as it is today, there were separate devices for different functionalities. There was a separate printer, photocopier, faxing machine, etc. Each of these was not built to be user-friendly. They also broke down all the time and paid no attention to convenience. In recent years, there have been significant leaps in printer technology. The modern printers are multifunctional tools that can do various activities at the same time.
They are beneficial in the following ways:
- Good printers are highly flexible: They can scan, print, fax, manage documents, and store files.
- They can print documents stored on various devices: You can print a document on your phone or tablet as well as from the computer.
- They can secure your documents.
- They can send and receive documents wirelessly. You can print a document over a network.
If you have a cranky printer at the office that you don’t bother repairing when it breaks down, you are doing your business a disservice. Visit https://www.hereon.biz/cardstock-printer/ to have a look at some of the high-quality printers in the market. Find one that suits your needs.
Advanced phone system
An advanced phone system can improve the productivity of your staff. A quality phone system is one that is simple to use even when its underlying technology is sophisticated. Gone are the days when phones were merely talking machines. They are now integrated with powerful software that enables them to have added functionality.
Such functions include:
- Automatic voicemail transcripts: They can generate transcripts that people can read instead of listening through long voicemails.
- Advanced conference call services: It is easier to make conference calls.
- Advanced messaging that includes the ability to send faxes: Modern phone systems can send voicemails and faxes over email. It is also easier to retrieve messages using effective search query protocols.
Modern office equipment can boost productivity. In addition to the above-listed equipment, you should consider investing in better air conditioning and advanced document management systems. If space allows it, you can have a gym in the office where people can exercise before they come in or leave work. You can also invest in a modern break room where people can socialize and have a quality experience during work breaks.
If there are improvements you can make to the workplace with office equipment and your budget allows it, make them. You will not only be saving time but also you will have happier and healthier staff.