Due to COVID-19 pandemic, global internet companies have reported a surge in internet usage. Amazon for instance hired and additional 175,000 new staff to cope with high demand during this time. This was equally followed by the increased demand for eCommerce services.
As demand rises for eCommerce services, many businesses will enlist their stores for this type of service. How, then, will businesses cope with the jammed push and shove for the same clients?
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a technique that assists sites to rank highly in search engine results. This being a technical subject, you should hire an expert to help you craft and implement your SEO strategy.
If SEO is a new field to you, it may seem difficult to execute the hiring decision. However, there are multiple resources to help you with this.
Here are some ideas on how to choose the right eCommerce SEO services for your company:
1. Take a short SEO course or digital marketing fundamentals
With over 3.4 billion people globally having access to the internet, this represents a huge opportunity for marketers and business owners. The opportunity though comes with its challenges because a new set of professionals is required.
Business owners need to have a foundation in this industry as this will catapult them further for their quest to take their business online. They are also able to appreciate the benefits of SEO services will bring to them.
SEO knowledge helps business owners understand that paid advertising may not be a solution to their marketing needs. This set of knowledge will also equip business owners with some basic principles that will guide them in the hiring process. Fortunately, there are numerous courses that are offered online and in colleges, either for free or at a small fee. By having sufficient knowledge of how SEO works, business owners can assess by themselves if whether or not a prospective SEO service provider can be beneficial for their company.
2. Visit a few local SEO agencies
With the help of search engine maps, you can easily identify local SEO agencies near you. Paying them a visit will help you get to know the possible solutions that might be available for you and at what prices. Physical premises offer a different kind of experience and customer service, which may even accelerate your decision-making process.
This being an online business requirement, those listed should form the top priority. You will find compressive information about their location, time of operation, online reviews, and contact details. Equipped with this information, you can select a few agencies for further vetting.
3. Searching online for solutions
There are tons of solutions that you can get from the internet. Once you feed search engines with the desired queries, you will get numerous alternatives.
When it comes to choosing the right SEO services for your company, listed below are some of the sources you can get your answers.
- Service providers blogs or websites: As a way of reaching out to potential customers, service providers create a website with products and general information about their businesses. For instance, you can get eCommerce SEO services at matt-jackson.com here.
- Job sites: Professionals list their services in job sites, such as Fiverr, Upwork, Reddit, and others. To narrow down to a preferred service provider, use the inbuilt search engines in those sites.
The beauty of these sites is that they are rich in data that is crucial to your decision. You are able to view work history, an array of service providers with their prices, online reviews, and escrow services for payments.
- Social media platforms: Social sites, such as Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram can also help you in your search. In Twitter, for instance, you can use tools such as hashtags and inbuilt search tool to arrive at your solution. Linkedin, on the other hand, provides a large pool of professionals who can be solution providers, too.
Due to the risk of being scammed, online solutions require caution. Using payment protection services or conducting due diligence before transacting are important measures to observe.
So, how should you make the decision?
For you to effectively chose the best fit for your SEO needs, getting some basic knowledge is key. From the above-suggested sources, you can then use one or a combination to make the hiring decision.
Social media sites, like Linkedin, or search engines, like Google, are great places to initiate your search. However, it is important to vet them using online reviews, samples of past work, or use recommendations.