The COVID-19 outbreak affected the entire world. Among other things, it made being an entrepreneur more challenging. As we are waiting for the pandemic to pass, business owners need to consider the post-virus economy.
Many companies have made adjustments to maximize the potential of technology and digitalize the way they do business in the post-COVID economy. It seems that businesses that adopted the approach of going contactless have better odds of succeeding during and after the worldwide lockdown.
Are you interested in learning how to adjust your business to the post-COVID-19 economy? Here are the critical tips for applying to your company to navigate the challenges of today’s entrepreneurship!
Tip 1: Online meetings
Do you need to have regular meetings with your team? If you have to meet coworkers regularly to discuss the current situation at work, consider organizing online meetings. These are safer because you don’t have to be in the same room.
Online meetings are surprisingly easy to organize. It is sufficient to send an e-mail or SMS, and you can have everyone around in minutes.
Zoom established itself as the top choice of entrepreneurs around the world. The service is reliable and perfect for conference calls and company meetings. Since the network supports both video and audio calls, you can even conduct webinars, courses, and presentations this way.
Other popular services similar to Zoom are Google Meets and Skype Calls. The former is a part of Google’s suite and can be convenient if you rely on other services provided by the company. On the other hand, Skype offers a reliable network for audio and video calls from any location.
Tip 2: Online payment systems
It doesn’t matter what your niche is because they all require conducting payments and charging for selling products and services. Cash payments are a risk because they involve the customer coming to your company. Fortunately, we are living in a world of technology that enables cashless payment systems.
The most popular one out there might be PayPal. Many companies have PayPal business accounts and use them for charging when selling products online. The transactions are fast and simple for the customers. PayPal processes a payment in seconds, and you can use it from anywhere because it is an online service.
Skrill is another popular payment system used on various continents. Entrepreneurs often use it when paying freelancers because it is user-friendly and fast. You can purchase products online, and Skrill casinos are a popular entertaining activity for those who love gambling.
You can also consider other electronic systems for conducting payments, such as EcoCard, Neteller, etc.
Tip 3: Remote employees
Have you ever considered using a remote workforce? This approach is not only safer in the times of pandemic, but it can end up being more affordable while securing better results.
Here are the main advantages of getting remote employees:
- No office necessary – these workers don’t require an office because they are usually working from home.
- You might not need to buy them equipment – most freelancers use their equipment to provide specific service.
- Vast talent pool – hiring a remote workforce means that you have the entire world’s talent pool at your disposal. That gives you far better odds to find high-quality employees at affordable prices.
- Pick from a large variety of platforms – Upwork, Fiverr, and 99Designs are only some services offering remote workforce to companies from around the world. You can find specialized platforms if you need experts in a particular niche.
Tip 4: Digital marketing
Marketing experts pinpoint that every company needs to establish its online presence. Everything starts by having a high-quality website that offers valuable content to its visitors. Apart from informing them about your products and services, creating a blog can increase organic traffic.
For those who would like to market a business in the post-COVID economy, here are some tips to use:
- Social media – you can find millions of potential customers on social networks. Consider using that to your advantage and coming up with campaigns tailored to social media.
- SEO – apart from building your website, it is important to perform SEO – search engine optimization. This helps improve your ranking in search engine results, which should attract more visitors to the site.
- PPC – this abbreviation stands short for “pay per click” campaigns. You can use Google Ads or similar services that publish your advertisements and charge you only when someone clicks on the ad.
Tip 5: Employees online leisure
An entrepreneur understands the importance of having employees that work hard and complete their tasks on time. That is why it is critical to show them appreciation, and you can do that by securing online leisure opportunities.
When it comes to entertaining activities, how about securing your employees a chance to play games over the web? Alternatively, you can purchase them a subscription to Netflix or Spotify. These are video and audio streaming services that allow them to enjoy their favorite movies and songs whenever they are not working.
Apart from leisure activities, don’t forget about inspiring employees to improve their skills. Entrepreneurs should consider paying or organizing online courses that will help their workforce expand the industry or related knowledge.
The technology progress has made things easier for entrepreneurs, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Going contactless is for the safety of everyone related to your company, but it can also simplify many working processes.
Company owners should understand the importance of shifting their focus to online channels in the post-COVID economy. Whether it is charging for services, organizing meetings, or advertising your business, you can do everything over the web. The sooner you adopt these changes, the quicker you adjust to the post-virus economy and ensure your company keeps growing.