Our lawful basis for processing is ‘legitimate interest’. We have carried out a ‘Legitimate Interests Assessment’ and followed ico guidance to arrive at this decision
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the GDPR)
For further information about GDPR and your right, please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website – ico.org.uk
We are committed to amending our policy should new advice be issued by the ICO that leads to any change in interpretation of the guidance and / or regulations
We will generally let you know at the time of collection how we intend to use your personal information. Usually, we collect personal information about you which we require to respond to your enquiries and provide you with goods and services requested. You have the option not to provide information, however, withholding information may prevent you from being able to use some of the website’s features.
We also process your personal information where we are required to do so by law, and for the exercise or defence of legal claims. From time to time, we may contact you about special offers and other services in accordance with your contact preferences. Where appropriate, we will obtain your consent to do so. Personal information collected from you may include your name, company, email address, landline or mobile telephone number, as well as other non-sensitive personal information. If you use our website, we may also collect information about you or your computer when you browse to allow you to use the services available.
Website Usage & Cookies
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We use third party analytics platform providers to obtain public information which is used for marketing purposes. You have the right to have your data deleted by contacting us or using the opt out methods we display in any communication with you. The data we obtain using these providers will solely be used by us and will not be disclosed or sold in any other way.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, job title and company.
- Contact information including email address and phone number.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
What we do with the information we gather
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may provide your information to our third party partners for marketing or promotional purposes.
- We will never sell your information.
Talk Business Ltd. may from time to time send updates about their products and services. By providing your email address you consent to being contacted by email for direct marketing purposes by Talk Business Ltd.
Mobile Phone Capture
Talk Business Ltd may from time to time contact you about relevant products and services. By providing your mobile number you consent to being contacted for direct marketing purposes via voice calls or SMS by Talk Business Ltd.
Security of Personal Information
We use administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard personal information against loss, theft and unauthorised use, access or modifications in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. We take steps to regularly validate the personal information we hold to ensure that the information is accurate and, where necessary, up to date. Information that is no longer required for any valid business purpose, and that we are not required to keep pursuant to any applicable law, will be routinely destroyed by secure means.
Access to Personal Information
We aim to store legitimate, relevant and accurate information about our visitors/customers. You have the right to request the following:
- Obtain personal data that we have stored
- Change personal data if inaccurate
- Have your data erased (where it does not infringe on us carrying out contractual obligations e.g. delivery of goods or services as part of a sale or other overriding regulations e.g. storage of data for accounting purposes or in accordance with the law.
- Removal from a particular process (where it does not infringe on us carrying out contractual obligations e.g. delivery of goods or services as part of a sale or other overriding regulations e.g. storage of data for accounting purposes or in accordance with the law.