Technology not only impacts adult lives, but it also impacts the lives of children. There is a constant development of new tech products that children are constantly introduced to throughout their daily lives at home and until recently, a lot of schools were not keeping up with the pace and do not utilise educational tech.
The good news is that schools are now realizing that they have been operating on outdated lesson plans and have updated their curriculum to include the latest educational tech products. Below are 5 educational tech products that are aiding in bolstering your child’s education.
The use of smart technology in the classroom helps raise student test scores and improve learning. Also, smart technology helps enhance literacy and boosts attentiveness, as well as increases student engagement.
Smartboards are interactive whiteboards that give instructors online access with the ability to connect computers, video and digital cameras, or even microscopes. Students can use their finger(s) or a specialized pen to write directly on them, with separate workspaces, giving several children the opportunity to use it at the same time. What also makes the smart board a practical learning tool is that visual learners are able to watch the whiteboard, while hands-on learners can learn by touching the board. The touchscreen option allows instructors and students to run programs or applications as easily as if it was their smartphone.
2. Smart tables
Similar to the Smartboards, Smart tables are interactive boards but in the shape of a table. They are smaller than an actual board and are geared towards Preschoolers through sixth-grade students. The main difference between the Smartboard and Smart table is the fact that the Smart table is portable. The smart table has the same interactive touchscreen function so that even the youngest user can participate and learn.
Some of the notable benefits of using smart tables include the following:
- Ease of content memorization
- Ease of doing homework
- Ease of giving presentations
We are all familiar with tablets. Children love utilizing tablets and iPads, meaning you can get more student engagement by using them. More than ever tablets, mainly iPads, are used in the classroom with various subjects. The biggest draw to iPads is the fact that they are interactive, yet small enough to carry and convenient to store. iPads and other tablets contribute to increased learning, as the instructors who use iPads with their teaching develop into innovative educators who do more Project Based Learning (PBL). Project Based Learning (PBL) has been found to improve student learning across grade levels (Cheu-Jay, 2015).
Take a look at the following benefits of using tablets in education:
- Captures young learners’ attention: Tablets are used by young generations nowadays, replacing bulky laptops and desktops. Most children have tablets at home and know how to use this device.
- Fun learning tool: Fun learning apps can be downloaded on tablets, such as concepts for science (planets, types of animals, bodies of water, etc.) and arithmetic (addition, subtraction, etc.).
- Portable: Children can easily carry tablets in the classroom or anywhere.
- Multifunctional: Tablets can perform various functions because of downloaded applications, such as calculators, scanners, digital quizzes, and radios for learning singing and dancing.
4. Digital books
We believe nothing can replace a book. However, from a classroom standpoint, digital books are an interactive learning tool that can be cost-effective and convenient. With digital books, you don’t have to wait for books to be shipped or worry that they may be on backorder. And for all the tree lovers out there, they are environmentally friendly.
Here are the benefits of digital books:
- Not bulky: Unlike physical books, digital books are literally weightless. Students and parents can simply download e-books on smart devices.
- Easy to store: Digital books don’t require physical space.
- Easy to use: The information in digital books is easy to locate and use with the search feature.
5. iPhone & iPad projector
Projectors are not a new technology. They have been in classrooms and boardrooms for decades. The main purpose of iPhone and iPad projectors is that they are able to connect to your smart devices. Also, these new projectors are smaller and compact, making them ideal for travel.
Check the following advantages of using small or mini projectors for learning:
- Portable: Small or mini projectors are easy to carry anywhere. Teachers can place them in their bags or suitcases without worrying about them being bulky.
- Easy to operate: Mini projectors are easy to set up and operate because of their compact size and intuitive buttons and features.
- Flexible: The latest mini projectors in the market can be connected with other mobile devices, making presentations and learning smoother and hassle-free.
Although the majority of a child’s day is spent in school, home is where all the learning truly begins. That is why Hereon.Biz can lead you to the best educational tech products for assistance in teaching your eager learner. Plus, there are some great reviews on smartwatches to help you dive into tech-fashion as well!