The much-anticipated launch of Apple’s first foray into wearable technology on April 24 will mean a new platform for many of the world’s most innovative app developers to work on.
But a few developers are already at the forefront of what can be done on a wearable device, beyond health and fitness, this includes IG’s Apple Watch Trading App:
- The IG Apple Watch trading app is a distilled version of the existing iPhone app that allows investors to find, edit and open trades from their wrists.
- Something that just a few years ago required a desktop computer – or had to be done over a landline – can now be taken care of on a watch.
- An entirely new way for investors to make trades, that offers an experience unlike anything that has come before. It even allows for bitcoin derivatives trading.
Ashley Cameron, technical team lead, Apple Watch App Project at IG: “To give you some background, for each of our platforms – whether it’s the web or desktop, our mobile offerings or our tablet offerings – we aim to develop the best experience possible for that platform […] It was an immensely small screen and it was an entirely new experience. With our trading platform, taking it to that was a considerable challenge, but it’s a challenge we were willing to undertake and very much enjoyed tackling.”
Features on the app include:
- Spread bet, trade CFDs, and buy and sell stocks.
- Get iPhone app notifications on your wrist.
- Open positions and view markets from your watchlist.
- Open, edit and close positions, or see all open positions.
- See upcoming financial events.
- Use one-tap login and switch between accounts easily.
For more information, see IG’s Apple Watch info page: http://www.ig.com/uk/apple-watch-trading-app