Have you ever seen “SEO” and wondered what exactly does that mean? SEO is the acronym for search engine optimization. We now know what SEO stands for, yet what does search engine optimization actually mean?
Dictionary.com describes search engine optimization as “the process of maximizing the number of visitors to a particular website by ensuring that the site appears high on the list of results returned by a search engine.”
As a growing company, how does search engine optimization help your growing brand and business? The answer is a no-brainer. How does SEO not help you, as if future customers cannot find your website, they do not know you exist. If people do not know you exist than they cannot shop your products and/or your services. Therefore, below we have 6 tips on how to raise your website’s visibility organically and drive traffic.
- High-quality content. Your website needs visually appealing, with the main content the focal point. The main content of your page needs to be “high quality” including supplementary content that reinforces your main content while encouraging visitors to remain on your site to browse. Your content should come from a place of expertise, authoritative and trustworthiness (E-A-T).
- Social sharing buttons. We all know that referrals are the best way to get more business and that is exactly what social sharing does. Social sharing increases traffic to your website. In addition, as the visitors are being “referred” to your site by someone they trust, they will feel more comfortable purchasing or using information from your site.
- Begin blogging. Blogging is a way to continuously add new content to your website and engage visitors. The rules still apply to your blog, so your blog needs to be high quality to continue driving visitors to the website.
- Utilize outbound links. Outbound links take users to external websites outside of yours. Doing this helps your SEO as it helps search engines like Google to recognize your niche market. In addition, it can increase the trust and of your site.
- Incorporate quality images and videos. People prefer images over text so your images should pertain to your content. Your images and videos should be crisp and clear. Also, write and include alt text descriptions and image title tags with your images as search engines pick up on those.
- Mobile first indexing. To give users an improved and higher quality experience, Google has switched to mobile first indexing to “prioritize mobile results” being that majority of searches come from mobile devices. This means that one should write “mobile-friendly” and make sure your web page design is as well.
Now some of the tips above can be done on your own; however, they can take an astronomical amount of time. Now let us be honest, when starting a business, time and money is not a luxury that many of us have. That is why our Amazon SEO Consultant can help you grow your budding business efficiently, in a reasonable amount of time. In addition, it is suggested to include SEO services in your marketing budget. Remember the saying, “You only get one shot to make a good first impression.”