If you are thinking about buying a car, the first question that everyone tries to answer is whether to buy a brand new car or go for a secondhand car.
Now, the thing is who doesn’t want to drive a new car but one they are very expensive and second the value of a new car depreciates by almost 25% as soon as you drive it off your car dealer’s porch. The huge drop is hard to believe but is very real which is why it is important to consider buying a used car.
This is one of the major reasons why most people go for used cars also another factor is that you get to drive a better car within the same budget. The only downside is that one has to be extra careful when buying a used car as it has already been used before. It may seem like you have to put in extra effort but it is not all that difficult. Just keep the following tips in mind:
- Pay attention to pre-purchase inspection: Since majority of us are no experts ourselves, it’s always good to pay your trusted mechanic and take him along when you are going for a pre-purchase inspection. You may not be the professional but they can definitely guide you about the condition of the engine, tyres and other things in the car that may or may not need replacement or fixing in the future.
- Opt for a trusted dealer: The safest way is to go to a credible car dealer. KAP Motors offer second hand cars in Brighton at the best local prices. You can book online with just a few clicks. They sell cars that pass through a severe pre-sale inspection criteria. KAP Motors provide its customers with complete car history, mot details etc. That is why when you buy from them all you have to do is reserve the car that you like and then just sit back and enjoy while KAP Motors does all the hard work for you.
- Asking the right questions: An important thing is to ask the right questions from the seller. Some of the questions that you can ask are can be:
- Has it been re-painted or is it the original paint?
- Has the meter reading ever been tampered with?
- Has the car ever been in a major accident?
- Has the Mot test been conducted on a regular basis?
- Does the car have all genuine parts or have some been replaced? Etc.
- Take the car for a test-drive: Most people take the importance of a test-drive for granted. Majority just start the ignition and if there are no silly sounds coming, they think that the engine is all set. Nonetheless, it is recommend to always take a test-drive before you make your final decision. After all buying a car is not like buying groceries so you need to be sure that you are investing your money in the right vehicle. A 15 minutes drive will tell you a lot about how efficient the engine is. It will give you a sense of the brakes, tyres and other functionalities of the car.
Keep these few tips in mind and rest assured they will help you make the right decision.