One thing that all businesses need to be concerned with is the planet. We all need to make a dedicated effort in order to reduce our carbon footprint.
You may be surprised by the different options that are available to you in this regard today. With that being said, read on to discover everything you need to know about how to bring sustainability in your workplace.
- Invest in sustainable signage – Sustainable bamboo signage comes highly recommended when it comes to enhancing your ethical footprint. The contemporary sign materials that are available today are renewable and should focus on environmentally friendly processes during the production process. An example of a hybrid sign system from Signbox is shown below:
- Print more responsibly – There are a number of different ways that you can enhance your ethical footprint when it comes to your printing requirements. The first is to simply print less. Aside from this, you should set your printer to black and white by default, as well as printing double-sided and setting a maximum number of sheets per person limit. You can also use FSC certified or 100 per cent recycled paper to protect our forests.
- Focus on the lifecycle of products – Whenever you are selecting products for your business, look for recycled or repairable products. You should also think about the lifecycle of the product. Whenever possible, select something that is built to last long.
- Reducing your environmental impact on food – There are a number of different ways you can do this. This includes serving more high-welfare and organic food, as well as serving less meat.
- Switch to natural cleaning products – We rely on so many chemical-based products in a lot of different business areas when it is simply not necessary. Cleaning is a prime example of this. There are plenty of natural cleaning products available today, so make the most of these. You can even make your own natural cleaning products with a lot of ease.
- Travel more responsibly – A lot of businesses engage in a significant amount of travel today because business is increasingly being conducted on a global scale. This is why you need to be more cautious with your company travelling. To do this, make sure you always choose the most environmentally friendly route. There is software to assist with this. Moreover, whenever possible, skip the travel part and simply video conference instead.
- Measure your carbon footprint – Last but not least, you are never going to be able to make improvements if you do not know how you are performing at present. This is why it is important to use a carbon footprint calculator such as Climate Care so you can make accurate calculations. This will include calculating staff travel, energy production, fleet vehicle emissions and much more.
So there you have it: some of the different ideas that you can follow when it comes to enhancing your ethical footprint and how to bring more sustainability to the workplace. If you follow the tips that have been discussed above, you can go a long way to making sure that your company has a reputation as a responsible one.