There is no denying that the past 12 months have been incredibly difficult for businesses all around the world. However, rather than look back, we need to look forward and determine how we can make the next 12 months a big success!
One of the ways that you can do this is by looking at your content operations. By optimizing your rich media, you can boost your revenue by as much as 50 percent!
Below, we look at the different ways to do this:
- Make sure your website loads fast – There is only one place to begin, and this is with exceptional site performance. Your choice of web host plays a big role here. Reading reviews like this Bluehost vs HostGator piece can help you to understand what sort of host is going to be most appropriate for you.
- Use digital asset management software – Look for digital asset management software with the best features and flexibility to enhance your media optimization efforts. Digital asset management software is imperative to ensure all of your videos, images, and static web content are stored, shared, and processed effectively. A lot of businesses go wrong today with rich media purely because they’re not managing it efficiently.
- Create a sitemap for your website – Another tip when it comes to optimizing the rich-media of your website is to generate an image XML sitemap. This should list all of your images. You can then submit this to the search engines, which will boost your visibility during image searche
- Make your rich media responsive – In addition to the points that have been mentioned so far, another important step is to make sure that all of your rich media is responsive. The most popular way to access the Internet today is via mobile devices. Therefore, it is imperative that your website and your rich media assets are responsive, meaning they will adapt to the device they are being viewed on.
- Create user-generated content – Social proof is a term you’re probably seeing more and more of. If you think about it, when you look for a product or service, you’re going to be more likely to believe what other customers have said, rather than the sales pitch the company has written, right? This is what social proof is all about, and you should be trying to build this. One of the best ways of doing this is by getting your customers to create video testimonials for your brand.
- Swap stock images for original photos – Last but not least, stock images can be tempting to use, especially the ones that are free. However, the trouble with stock images is that everyone uses them and so it does nothing for your branding efforts. Why not make the switch to original photos instead?
So there you have it: a number of things you can do to optimize and accelerate your rich media so that you can boost revenue. If you follow the tips that have been provided above, you should notice a difference when it comes to your bottom line.