Many years back, the use of the Internet became even more prevalent in people’s lives.
It started with a way to connect simply between family and friends. But, with the changes the world is going through right now, it’s not surprising that the Internet has also hosted quite a few meetings and conferences. Today, live events have also found their way into the virtual world.
As the ‘new normal’ of hosting events is now being practised, it’s about time for you to also get acquainted with some of the best ways to ensure that your virtual live events run smoothly as planned. It may sound a bit challenging especially if it’s going to be your first time hosting virtual live events. But, with practice and the right strategies, it’s doable.
This article gives you a rundown.
1. Create an event website
Hosting a virtual live event is no easy feat. So, it’s not one for you to also come up with the last minute without adequate preparation. As you would take the time to ensure everything is perfect for physical events, the same should also hold true for a virtual live event.
One of the first ways to secure this is through having an event website. This website holds all the information your attendees will ever need for your virtual event.
Most importantly, this is also where you can have a WordPress booking plugin for forms to ensure RSVP, attendance, and any running updates that’ll be around. This will ensure that everyone is on the same boat as to whatever updates may come up regarding your virtual live event.
2. Choose the type of virtual event you’d like to host
Nowadays, there are many different kinds of virtual events you can opt for. For starters, it pays to choose the ones which you feel more confident about hosting. This can help take the guesswork out of launching a successful live virtual event. Once you get the hang of it, that’s when you can venture into other virtual event types you may want to try but have never tried to do before.
Here are some of the best types of live virtual events you can opt for:
- Virtual team building events. This allows the attendees to enjoy team-building activities right at the comfort of home.
- Virtual networking events. For organizations or companies which are looking to expand their network, a virtual networking event is the key.
- Virtual hiring events. In the past, job fairs were usually physical, but with restrictions on mass gatherings, virtual hiring events are also now the norm.
- Virtual fundraising events. For those companies or organizations who are hosting fundraising events for whatever charity or cause you’re supporting, doing a live virtual event is also another way to do so.
- Virtual shopping events. These are evidenced by how there are also now more sellers using the online platform to hold live selling events for whatever goods it is they have to sell on the eCommerce space. This is also a solution to the restriction of so many more other businesses which had yet to stay closed, albeit temporarily. Now, business goes on as usual, through virtual shopping events.
3. Collect the emails of confirmed attendees
Going back to the first bullet about creating an event website, it’s also where you can successfully collect the email addresses of your confirmed attendees. This is made possible through the forms, plugins, or pop-ups to which your event website visitors have access on your website.
The email addresses of your confirmed guests are helpful to make it easier for you to send out invitations, save the date reminders, and even the final invitation itself. Along with the website, it’s also through email marketing wherein you can send out updates and any promotions, games, or activities you may have on the days leading up to your virtual event. This strategy can help create more buzz about your virtual event and therefore also increasing its likelihood of success.
4. Set clear goals from the start
No event, whether virtual or physical was ever successful without thorough planning. As you sit down and plan your event, it’s therefore important to identify your goals. Right from the start, you should already be able to iron out what your goals are for your upcoming up-live event.
These goals can steer your event in the right direction. That way, whatever activity you have planned for your event, you can ask yourself whether or not it helps meet your goal.
With the ways above, you should now be feeling more confident to hit the ground running with success for your virtual live events. As the whole world slows down in terms of physical interaction, it’s expected that virtual live events are here to stay. Going through this route doesn’t necessarily mean that the events are going to be any less successful or fun. In fact, for many and perhaps for you too, virtual live events will become your favoured way of hosting events. This, you’ll start to feel when you get the hang of hosting the best virtual live events.