If you want to become a Spanish citizen and obtain a Spanish passport, read on.
In this article we will answer all your questions about Spanish nationality. We will go over 2 options you have to obtain it, so stay if you want to know how to get Spanish citizenship.
Entrepreneur Visa for Spain
Entrepreneur visa Spain in 2022 includes low and medium skilled third-country workers. It seeks to establish conditions of entry and residence for:
- Those wishing to set up businesses and create new businesses in Europe.
- Highly internationally mobile workers.
The Civil Liberties Committee wants the Commission to introduce a 5-year multiple entry visa for self-employed and entrepreneurs (for stays in the EU of up to 90 days per year). Apart from this proposal, which is still at a very early stage, Spain currently has a law aimed at:
- Highly qualified professionals
- Workers making intra-corporate movements.
This law, known as the Entrepreneurs’ Visa Law “Visados de Ley de Emprededores”, allows for the expediting of the work visa process for employees from third countries, such as nationals of Latin American countries. The deadline for the resolution of these visas for foreign entrepreneurs is 10 calendar days.
How to obtain an entrepreneur visa for Spain
The general requirements to have priority in the resolution of the visa to reside and work in Spain are the following:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Not be irregularly present in Spanish territory
- Not have a criminal record in Spain or in the last 5 years.
- Not be refused entry in Spain or in the EU or the Schengen area.
- Have a private health insurance valid to operate in Spain.
- Have sufficient financial resources to cover the cost of the stay.
- Pay the fee corresponding to the processing of the visa.
It is important to note that it is possible to apply for a residence visa for Spain for the applicant’s spouse and/or children under 18 years of age.
Any citizen of Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Mexico or Peru, among others, can apply for a visa to start a business in Spain as long as they meet the aforementioned requirements.
My Spanish Residence
Regardless of your situation, you need to be able to live in Spain: a Spanish residence permit. If you are not a resident in Spain but want to carry out any kind of activity in the country, you will need a residence permit. For example, if you want to start working, living or even investing in Spain, there are two different ways to obtain Spanish residency that My Spanish residence can help you with:
- EU citizens: The residency consists of a green card with your personal details and no photos.
- Non-EU citizens: Residency includes a blue/pink card with your personal details and a passport photo.
Therefore, the procedure for applying for residency in Spain varies between EU residents and non-EU residents.