In the age of quickly-developing technology, it’s not unusual to hear that people’s devices are being used to spy on them. Privacy and security are always at the top of our minds when we use a device, whether it’s for work or for personal use. Spyware, which can watch what you do and steal private information, can infect iPhones. To keep your iPhone safe and spyware-free, you need to take steps to stop it from getting infected and know how to get rid of it if it does. By looking at how to clean your iPhone from spyware, we have compiled some of the best measures below.
Step 1: Find The Spyware.
The first step in getting rid of spyware on your iPhone is to figure out if you have it or not. Some of the most common signs of spyware are:
- Your phone slows down or stops working all of a sudden.
- You don’t know why your battery dies all of a sudden.
- Your phone gets new apps or extensions that you didn’t put there.
- Your phone crashes or freezes a lot.
- Even when you’re not using your phone, the light stays on.
If you think your iPhone has spyware, you should take action right away. The longer the spyware stays on your phone, the more at risk you are of a data breach.
Step 2: Save Your iPhone’s Data.
Before you try to rid your iPhone of any spyware, you should back up all of your information. This way, if something goes wrong during the removal process, none of your important information will be lost. You can use iTunes or iCloud to back up your iPhone.
Step 3: Get Rid of The Spy Software
After you’ve made a backup of your iPhone, you can proceed in removing the spyware. Here are the steps you must take:
- Put your iPhone to sleep and turn it back on in “Safe Mode.” Press and hold the power button and the home button until you see the Apple logo.
- Go to “General” in the “Settings” app.
- Scroll all the way down to “Reset” and tap “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- If asked, enter your iPhone’s password and confirm that you want to delete it.
- Wait for your iPhone to start up again, which will delete all data and settings.
This process will get rid of any spyware or other bad software that might be on your iPhone. But it will also delete all of your personal information, so make sure to restore your iPhone from a backup after the removal process is done.
Step 4: Get a Good Anti-Spyware App And Install it.
After you get rid of the spyware on your iPhone, you should take steps to make sure it doesn’t happen again. Pre-emptive measures are the most important aspect of staying safe and installing a good anti-spyware app is the best way to do this. Choose a reputable brand and never download one through a pop-up link.
Step 5: Make Sure Your iPhone is Up-To-Date
Last but not least, it’s important to keep the software on your iPhone up to date. With software updates, there are often security patches that fix holes that spyware and other bad software could use. Go to “Settings,” then “General,” and then “Software Update” to update your iPhone.
Getting rid of spyware from your iPhone can be tricky, but it is possible to do so with the right steps and tools. By following the steps in this easy guide, you can make sure that no one can spy on the personal information stored on your iPhone.