It is regularly documented that moving house is one of life’s most stressful events but what about when you need to move business premises?
Whether you are a sole trader, SME or multinational every commercial office move comes with a unique set of challenges that could affect your bottom line. Between researching new offices, planning the move and sorting logistics on the day there seems to be an endless to do list.
Using an accredited removals company’s like Clockwork Removals and Storage, will help take some of the stress out of the move. With specialist IT engineers and move managers, packers and furniture fitters they will ensure your business continuity is always paramount on move day.
Here are a few pointers from Clockwork Removals to ensure your business, equipment and bottom line are all protected during your office move.
- Find the perfect premises. What do you want from your new office? Something bigger, cheaper or more accessible? When do you need to move by? Set out a clear list of needs with a timetable and base your research on these.
- You will have to think about finances in regards to your new offices; rents and rates etc but what about your move costs? Put together a moving budget and make sure it includes professional fees (legal etc), personnel costs (recruitment, redundancy) and marketing costs (website changes, stationary reprinting).
- Planning a move. The logistics and planning involved in your move will very much depend on the type of business you are. If you operate a paperless office you may not need archive storage services but you will probably then need specialist IT movers. Commercial removal companies have dedicated move managers who can offer assistance with office layouts, labelling systems, specialist packing equipment and inventories.
- An accredited removals company should offer full removals and storage insurance for businesses’ property, goods and equipment. A fully comprehensive removals and storage policy (also known as Goods In Transit & Storage Insurance) allows you to rest assured that your valuable items are completely protected during the moving process. For overseas relocations many reputable companies offer full Marine Transit Insurance for your peace of mind.
- If you are moving to bigger premises you may have pre ordered equipment ready for move day or if you are downsizing you may need to store some furniture. Bear in mind the benefits of storage pre and post move day especially archive storage to help free up some more valuable space.
- IT and telecoms. Your priority pre move will be to make sure all your IT and communications facilities are up and running ready for the move. Specialist IT movers will decommission and recommission desk-top computers and server equipment on move day so you can rest assured that employees computer systems will be raring to go for the next working day.
- The move. Many commercial moves are carried out over the weekend and those in challenging environments can be done overnight. Furniture fitters will dismantle and assemble desks and cupboards and your removals teams will provide bubble bags and computer crates to safely pack up expensive IT equipment. All your employees will need to do is remember to travel to their new office!
Whether you are moving across town, inter-department or overseas, specialist commercial move teams will always ensure your office is working to 100% productivity after move day.
Clockwork Removals and Storage offers a full range of commercial relocation services, from internal churn and multi-site relocations to specialist moves covering anything from museum exhibitions to hospital wards. For more information on Clockwork’s services call today on 0800 195 8671