Whether it is for personal use or for business purpose, integrating Instagram with social media by the users have changed the entire landscape, and all for the better. You must be wondering how it is so and where exactly you should focus if you want to do the same to enhance your social media marketing efforts.
If you follow the reports of Pew Research you will see that it shows how people, especially the American users, have diversified their use of social media. If you have not, strangely enough, here are a few points that you should know and focus on so that you can make the best use of social media platform integrating your Instagram account with it.
A look at Facebook
Facebook is popular but is not always the ‘Platform of choice’ for people. There are several reason for it that Pew study indicates about it overall. The report says Facebook continues to be the most favorite and popular choice of social media platforms but it adds a few other points along with it such as:
- 42% of the people connected online are adults who use two or more social networks,
- When it comes to using just one social platform the report showed 8% used LinkedIn,
- 4% used Pinterest and,
- Only 2% used Twitter or Instagram as their platform of choice.
The takeaway of this research report is that:
- Facebook still remains the most popular platform because friends and family of everyone seems to be hanging out there and,
- Because of its social graph.
But why is that Facebook not the first choice of the users? This is simply because users as well as marketers are genuinely frustrated at the constant changes made by Facebook regarding the rules of engagement as well as the layout of the content.
As a result, the users start to feel like it will be better in other social media platforms, which is in accordance to the ‘grass is greener on the other side’ concept that human beings are so used to. They are therefore, drawn easily to the other sites.
These other sites on the other hand try to make the best of such shift of the users by putting in the best efforts to develop their own user database quickly that are demographically unique. For example, the user base that they target involves:
- The teenagers on Snapchat.
- The women users on Pinterest.
- The business executives on LinkedIn and lots more.
The challenges for the Facebook marketers as well as others are to overcome and succeed on an increasingly turbulent social media platforms and channels. At the same time the marketing companies and other sites tried hard to hold the attention of users of multi-platform.
Under these given circumstances the best bet is to diversify your content marketing strategy to get the best results and ensure better engagement with the customers. Not only on Facebook but also on every other social media channels possible where it is found that people hang out the most.
In comes Instagram
It is said that Instagram is the mark of incredible loyalty. According to the research reports, Instagram has significantly high user engagement rates especially when it is compared with Facebook. This loyalty has been heightened by Instagram growth services like Nitreo.com. You can use these services to grow your followers and boost your engagement.
The research report shows that:
- More than 57%of Instagram users use this app on a daily basis which is slightly lower as compared to 63% of Facebook,
- On the other hand, 35% of people do so multiple times a day as compared to 40% of the Facebook follower.
All these facts and figures point towards the loyalty of such a small and visual site!
A significant platform
Over the years and after its launch, Instagram has become one of the most significant platforms to use by the brand marketers. It helps them to leverage their brand and product much easily because:
- The user engagement rates in Instagram are too high.
- The users on Instagram are always found to be interacting with the brands.
- It is the platform which enables the users to use it even if they do not have an official Instagram presence.
All it needs is the use of a proper and relevant hashtag to increase the fan following. In addition to that as a marketer you will also need pictures that are relevant to your brand which will create a wow effect on the consumers and encourage a further strong and deeper relationship with your brand. This will ensure that you build a large, strong and loyal community of fans as well as potential customers.
Few Instagram marketing tips
There are a few Instagram marketing tips that you should follow if you want to ensure that you get the best result when integrating.
- Right at the outset you must use your experience as an Instagram user and not just as a marketer
- Next you should sign up for a personal account to find out what the other users see and feel when they interact and engage with your brand
- Follow it up by choosing the most current and most relevant photos that will bring out the feel, personality and lifestyleof your brand
- Also launch a campaign or photo contest so that you can get your audience engaged and excited about sharing more photos that are related to your brand
- You must also curate and display these photos on other social media channels such as Facebook as well as your website.
In addition to that you must also focus on aggregating all your photos through hashtags and choose hashtags that are simple, unique, and relevant to your brand. You must also avoid blending too many text and words in one hashtag because Instagram users love simplicity.
For best results when integrating Instagram add captions that will lend a sense of humor and wit to the context to your photos and link these to the product pages. This will encourage consumers to visit your store directly and make a purchase. What do you want more as a product marketer?
Karen Anthony is a social media marketing specialist who has worked with several startups, small businesses and helped them also launch effective campaigns to boost their overall online presence and visibility. Visit here Stormlikes.com