The issue of casino deposits is one of the core matters that are critical when one decides to play games on a certain casino. Punters would often want to use methods that are fast and secure, whilst offering convenience to them.
One of the deposit options that have become more popular over the years is that of Paysafecard, which has slowly got traction in usage since its inception in the year 2000. In this article, we will discuss how it works, its advantages, and its shortfalls as far as casinos are concerned.
What is a Paysafecard?
Paysafecard is a form of a 16 digit prepaid voucher that allows users to deposit an equivalent of its value into a casino. The pin code will need to be pre-purchased from selected dealers and retail outlets, and since it is distributed over several countries, it is also possible to use it from any location provided that it is accepted there. The major limitation would be that you need to physically buy the pin from retail outlets, rather than completing the transaction online. A Paysafecard app also allows you to store all your pins in one place or even search for the closest available retail outlets.
How does it work?
To use the Paysafecard, you will need to make use of the following steps:
- Purchase your Paysafecard pin from various outlets which can be found within your location. You would need to keep your pin secure, and the app would be a good and centralised location to keep all Paysafecard pins. When purchasing your pin within the retailer outlet, you can make use of debit/credit cards, bank transfers, or even cash.
- Log in/register with a Paysafecard casino – You would need to then go and select the Paysafecard casino, log in or register if you did not have an account as yet. Registration will be completed in no time at all.
- Complete the transaction – You will need to complete the transaction by selecting Paysafecard as an option, and then entering your pin to complete the transaction in order to use a Paysafecard casino online to play games for real money.
Take note that this method is only suitable for making a deposit, and it is not possible to make a withdrawal with it. You would need to make an alternative plan to use another method for withdrawal purposes.
What are the advantages of this method?
Looking at it, this method offers many advantages including the following:
- Simple and easy to use – Perhaps one of the biggest advantages of this method is that it is very simple as you only need to enter your pin after purchasing it. You would however need to keep it well, and it is recommended to make use of the Paysafecard app for storing pins.
- Wide casino network – This method is widely accepted all over in many casinos, and you can be sure to be able to explore many casinos that offer such.
- Encourages responsible gambling – As can be seen, this method allows for you to use vouchers in limited denominations, and such encourages you to only deposit the voucher amounts, unlike cards that can even promote the impulsive deposits of more money if gambling controls are not installed.
What are the disadvantages of this method?
The shortfalls of using this method include the following:
- No withdrawal via this method – If you deposit Paysafecard, you would need to equally plan for an alternative withdrawal method such as Skrill and Neteller.
- Purchasing of pins – The method of purchasing pins, i.e., requiring you to go to a physical retail outlet, a task which may be difficult to do considering the existing restrictions.
The Paysafecard is an alternative deposit method that does not require you to enter your credit or debit card data onto the casino itself. It is a simple method that requires the purchase of a pin at a physical retailer outlet, which can be used to get an equivalent value on the casino site itself.