Marketing is something that businesses have to go through. No matter how great your product is, there isn’t a guarantee that it’s going to hit well with the public. If it isn’t marketed and introduced well, it still won’t translate to sales. This highlights the need to have the general public to know more about your product.
Apart from that, it should also always be the goal of a business to reach out to more potential clients. These are your leads. The more exposure you have with the general public, the more leads you can generate for your business. The result? More revenue.
That said, here are some of the types of marketing that businesses should venture out into:
1. Content marketing
If your business has a website up and running, content marketing is worth investing in. It’s one of the sure ways to increase leads and eventually result in sales. Content marketing refers to the use of words, text, or any content in your site that’s meant to promote goods and services. While this takes more time and resources to make, it’s one of the most effective ways, compared with other more traditional forms of marketing.
These are the different types of content that you can choose to include in your business’ website:
- Blogs or articles
- Images, such as infographics
- Videos, such as small business video marketing. To learn more, click here.
Here’s how you can start with content marketing:
- Have a team solely devoted to creating your content marketing strategy. This is your overall exposure plan. How often are you going to post content? How are you going to alternate among the different kinds of content?
- Measure the profitability and effectivity of your content marketing strategy.
2. Cause marketing
Cause marketing refers to the process of connecting products and services to a particular cause. With cause marketing, you’re making your products and services more relevant to the general public. It answers the questions, “Why should we purchase your products and services?” and “What good does it do to the public?”
With cause marketing, your team has to pay special attention to:
- Branding. Create a strong branding message that also hits straight to the very core of social causes.
- Press coverage. Inviting media regularly, for them to have coverage for your promotional activities. Or, you may even make use of social media, such as Instagram marketing, for instance. Click here for some Instagram marketing tips for small businesses.
- Have your own goals and social causes that you wish to attach your products to.
- Create trustworthiness to the general public about your products and services.
3. Email marketing
Email marketing refers to the use of email to reach out to leads and to promote products and services. Sending personalized emails to your list of contacts still is one of the best ways to successfully convert leads into paying customers. The process of email marketing is centered on taking into account the preferences, demographics, interests, and persona of each person in the contact list. When this is taken into consideration, you’re able to address the individual needs of your potential customers better. This makes your marketing strategy and exposure more effective.
4. Relationship marketing
This type of marketing is focused on strengthening the relationship of the business with its existing customers. Customer loyalty is improved when the relationships stay healthy. Remember that one of the most challenging tasks of any business has to do with the acquisition of new customers through your leads. Hence, once you’ve successfully turned leads into customers, it’s also your responsibility to maintain a good relationship with them.
Here are some of the best ways to nurture a good relationship with customers:
- Use customer relationship management software.
- Engage with your clients on social media sites.
- Focus your efforts on customer retention.
- Create good first impressions with customers, and maintain this.
- Solve problems for your customers.
5. Undercover marketing
Undercover marketing is also referred to as stealth marketing. This refers to the process of marketing products, while customers stay unaware that this is your type of advertising or marketing. In this manner, sales agents or customer representatives will act like they are regular people that are merely showing products to others. This type of marketing is prevalent all over the Internet.
Two of the best advantages to gain from undercover marketing include:
- Increase in a word-of-mouth campaign
- Low cost and low effort
Marketing strategies refer to the different types of marketing that businesses venture out into for the betterment of their company. First, it begins with connecting to more potential clients. Then, it also has a lot to do with increasing the exposure of the products that you’re selling. In the highly competitive business industry of today, companies also have to be able to make their mark. Else, no matter how great your product is, you’ll only fall even lower into being unheard of. These types of marketing are worth trying if you’re looking to get exposure and see changes for your business.