According to a report, small business owners worry about attracting new customers. People are less likely to be loyal to products and services because consumers have more choices brought about by the growth of eCommerce. In the United Kingdom, there were about 389,000 new companies formed in 2010, and the number dramatically increased to 598,000 in 2015.
Because of the tight competition, business owners should think of practical ways to entice customers to purchase their products or avail their services.
Check out some helpful tips to entice new customers below.
Offer great deals wisely
Rewarding your customers with incentives, freebies, discounts, or voucher codes, like gopromocodes, is an excellent idea to entice customers, most especially those who are in a tight budget. However, it would be best if you offer great deals wisely.
While you want to generate more sales and encourage customer loyalty, you also want to ensure that your business is not just an option to buy discounted products, but even regularly-priced items. That’s why you have to incorporate offers and promotions to a solid marketing strategy to attain long-term business benefits.
Here are some tips and tricks to use discount offers, freebies, and other deals wisely:
- Consider choosing the best offer: Not all deals are applicable to all brands. You have to take into consideration if the type of promotions or deals are right for your brand.
Although it’ll require a lot of experimentation, you’ll eventually learn the ins and outs by formulating clear goals for your marketing campaign.
- Use percentage discounts wisely: Offer a 5 or 10 percent discount for your products to drive sales. However, it would help if you only use significant discounts, such as 50 to 75 percent, to liquidate goods that are not moving or old stock.
- Attract customers offering dollar value discounts: You can position dollar-value discounts as credits. In this way, consumers will feel that they’re only wasting money, not using them.
Use a fixed amount discount for items higher than $100, such as $10 or $20 discount off. For less than $100 merchandise, it’s best to use percentage-based discounts.
Market your business through YouTube
Based on statistics, the number of YouTube users in the UK are increasing at 80 percent, making it the most active social network in the country. YouTube is closely ahead of Facebook at 78 percent.
So, if you’re looking for one of the best to attract customers to buy from your business, it got to be video marketing via YouTube.
Here are some helpful tips on how to market your business through YouTube:
- Use the right video production tools: Invest on a decent video recorder or webcam to capture clear shots, tripod as a stabilizer, and external microphone for clear audio recording.
- SEO optimize your YouTube channel: Make sure that your URL, title, and video description are SEO optimized to be on top of search results, not just on YouTube but also on social media platforms and search engines, like Google.
- Incorporate your YouTube channel: It’s important to integrate your YouTube channel with your website to encourage users to avail of your products and services.
- Capture inspiring videos: There are many types of videos you can create with YouTube, such as educational videos and tutorials or how-to-videos. Also, you can create inspiring videos of real customers using your products or your hardworking employees doing their best to produce and deliver high-quality goods.
- Create appealing thumbnails: Thumbnails refer to the image shown on search results when a YouTube user searches for videos. Create stunning thumbnails that use easy-to-read fonts, good color combinations, and other relevant graphics.
Create detailed and clear listings
Ensure the success of your product with a detailed and clear listing. If you’re into e-commerce, it’s crucial to create detailed and clear listings to avoid misinterpretation. Online shoppers either get turned off or surprised and happy with the great quality of your product once they received it.
Check out the following tips when creating detailed and clear listings:
- Use high-quality images: Make sure to upload clear photos of your products. Don’t use filter or editor to make it more beautiful online just for the sake of making a higher profit. If you want long-term success, it’s best to show the real appearance of a product to avoid receiving complaints.
- Provide detailed product information: Instead of merely listing down the product features, it’s best to write all the details, such as the weight and dimensions, color options, applications, or any limitations or restrictions.
- Add a product video: It’s a good idea to upload a video of your product, such as a customer who’s happy and satisfied using it.
You can entice more customers to do business with you and avail your products and services by offering discounts or great deals wisely. They’ll feel saving a lot of money and incentivized for being loyal customers.
Also, you can use the power of YouTube or video marketing to engage with potential customers and drive sales. Lastly, don’t forget to list your product properly to clearly show the appearance and function of the product to avoid getting complaints or negative feedback.