Who doesn’t like online shopping? You can buy literally everything 24/7 without leaving your apartment. According to Nasdaq, 95% of all purchases worldwide will be online by 2040. If this doesn’t sound astonishing to you as a buyer, this information must motivate you as an offline business owner to finally move online. It’s also inspiring to wake up your inner entrepreneur and finally start your business online. Let’s dive into online selling and review some business ideas to consider in 2022.
Benefits of Selling Online
If you are still hesitating whether to start selling online in 2022, let’s review the advantages of switching to online sales or even combining them with offline ones.
- 24/7 availability. Modern buyers are spontaneous, impulsive, and picky. They can start shopping in the middle of the night (40% of spontaneous purchases are made online) or add an item into their bag and never checkout. Either way, online shopping allows them to interact with businesses anytime.
- Unlimited audience. You can offer your goods to anyone worldwide, not limiting yourself to a geographical location.
- Automation and integration. You can automate the majority of your selling processes and use integrations with various apps to simplify your life.
- Real-time analytics. You can review and analyze how your potential and current client interact with your content and goods. Analytical data can help you improve your strategies and boost your sales.
- Low-budget launch. All you need to start selling online are your products or services wrapped up into an attractive offer. You will require money for scaling up, but the start is quite possible for free.
Where Can You Sell Online?
The Internet space offers a lot of options for starting online sales. Everything here is not as complicated and costly as in offline sales. You don’t have to look for premises to rent for a store, studio, or office, make repairs, buy furniture and equipment, and pay the bills. Creating and maintaining a website on a special website creation platform like Wix or Squarespace will cost you from $100 to $200 a year. Let’s take a look at all the venues where you can sell your goods and services.
We’ve already mentioned that you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars to create a high-end website. To get started, you can use a website constructor service. This will be especially relevant for businesses that only need a landing page.
You don’t have to create your own website to sell products. Amazon, eBay, and Etsy are some of the most renowned marketplaces where you can create an online shop, upload content, and start selling.
Many businesses today have a presence only on Instagram and Facebook. They sell their services or products by creating brand accounts and promoting them with ads or SMM.
You won’t have a problem with where to sell. It’s important to remember that you are no longer in 2002 when only a few had online stores and websites. The competition is growing, selling online is getting harder, and you can’t do without virtual selling skills.
How to Establish Online Selling Process?
Virtual sales are different from traditional ones. Before you start digitalizing this process, you need careful preparation and marketing and sales strategies.
- Write down what pains and needs of your customers you address;
- Define your target audience and segment it if necessary;
- Form a unique selling proposition;
- Think through your sales channels — social media, advertising, collaboration with Influencers, email newsletters, online presentations, offline events, etc.;
- Create a sales funnel — what stages a lead should go through to make a purchase;
- Create content that you will use at each stage of communication with the potential buyer.
- Implement your sales strategy.
In addition, you will need to research and install applications and services that will automate your sales or enhance communication with leads. Hootsuite can help you schedule posts on social media, Whoosh can become a lifesaver when it comes to video calls with your potential customers, MailChimp will send email campaigns with promotions, and Zoho CRM can help keep an eye on your sales funnel, leads, and customers.
Business Ideas for 2022
There is no remedy for coming up with the best business idea. You just have to analyze people’s needs and pains and offer them solutions. You can also observe the overall world situation and use it to your advantage.
The last couple of years were quite stressful for everyone on the planet — Covid-19, limits on traveling, unstable political situations, rebellions. People face stress daily. That’s why one of the modern trends is offering stress-relieving. You have to develop a product or service, the main goal of which is to help fight stress. It could be an anti-stress toy or a course of meditation videos.
Since the pandemic started, there has been a huge demand for goods related to self-care and home decorations, including furniture.
So, as you can see, the world situation has a direct impact on buying behavior and customer needs. If the world is stable and economic and political news doesn’t make you tear your hair out, people will buy more of the emotional categories than the rational ones. Thus, the consumption of goods will shift from “what I must” to “what I want”. You can use this analytical model when planning your online business in 2022.